The West Point Volunteer Fire Department will be holding its 20th Anniversary Fireman’s Parade on Friday, September 30th, 2016. All departments are welcome and invited to participate in this yearly tradition. The schedule for the day is as follows:
2:00-4:30p.m.: Apparatus display for the public on Main St, south of 7th street
5:00p.m.: Line-up on Kirby, starting at 2nd St
5:30p.m.: Begin apparatus judging
7:00p.m.: Parade begins at 1st and Main
Ceremony and awards will follow the conclusion of the parade at WPVFD (421 7th Street). Door prizes and refreshments will be provided. Please sign your department up at WPVFR.com.
Apparatus judging categories will include the following, with first and second place awards:
– Over 750gpm Pumpers – Custom
– Over 750gpm Pumpers – Commercial
– Under 750gpm Pumpers – Brush Trucks/Mini Pumpers
– Aerial Class – Trucks/Towers/Quints
– Specialty Class – Hazmat/Rescue/QRVs/Etc.
– Tanker Class – Minimum of 1,000gL
– Ambulance Class – ALS/BLS
– Antique Class
– Judge’s Choice
– Furthest Traveled
– Charlie Carlton Award (Best Appearing Department)
Members of the public are invited and encouraged to come out and support the departments that will be here to display their emergency response vehicles. For the loudest seats in town, please line Main Street between 1st St. and 6th St. The parade will continue through downtown up to 10th Street, with a lights display only.
Gather with friends and family after the parade for music at Jammin’ on the Point and a fireworks display at 9:15.